Saturday, July 18, 2015

Dispatch from Ecuador.


Arrived at Vilcabamba aka Valley of Longevity on July 15th 2015. Slept very well that night and woke up to a gentle morning breeze, with roosters crowing and birds chirping. As I stepped out of my room to attend the Yoga class, I smelled the fresh air and said to myself – Today is going to be a great day – and it did turn out to be a great day
The hour of yoga was performed in front of stupendous views. 




After the yoga class, I enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast of fruit salad and granola – again in front of a stupendous view. Add to that, I was lucky to share the meal with two wonderful friends that I made on the trip to this valley - Nicole & Sonja.

After breakfast & checking & responding to emails, I headed  downtown to checkout the city center. It is literally downtown, because it is about 20 minutes or so walk down a hill. The walk back up provides good exercise. In fact there are ample opportunities to integrate exercise into daily walking in this valley because of the terrain of the valley.

Will update next when I get the chance.

1 comment:

  1. Great update and glad to know you are off to a wonderful start.
    Wishing you the very best and looking forward to the next update!
    Pendy

    ReplyDelete