Thursday, September 10, 2015

BUS RIDE ALONG THE CURVY COAST






I had always wanted to live in a place with a view & sound of the ocean. I found such a place in Olón . It is nice to be greeted by the waves of the ocean when you enter your room. It is even nicer to be lulled to sleep with the sound of waves and wake up to its sound as well.  Olón was my first stop along my coastal trip – which has now landed me in Bahía de Caráquez. I did not do the entire ~ 200 km/ 124 miles in one stretch. I stopped along the way to check out some of these towns along the coast. 





























Olón is the one with the red dot. Virtually all of these places are under developed by Western standards. But of all the places along the coast that I stopped, I liked Bahía de Caráquez the best. So, I have just arranged to rent a penthouse with a view of the Pacific Ocean for two weeks. All the pictures that I have taken of this place with my phone's camera did not do justice to what you actually see. So, below is a picture from Wikipedia on  Bahía de Caráquez.




If any of you feel like making a trip here –  you will enjoy free lodging besides the view J

No comments:

Post a Comment